Purple Tomato Pte. Ltd.
business consultancy firm, with clients spread all over the world, who are engaged in medium- and large-scale production for international consumption purposes.
Purple Tomato Pte. Ltd. is a business consultancy firm, with clients spread all over the world, who are engaged in medium- and large-scale production for international consumption purposes.
We are based in Singapore and thus sitting right in the middle of SouthEast Asia, the world leading region of international production of all kind of goods.
We are specialized in advising on production standards in the field of production quantity & quality, health & safety policies and lean manufacturing in the broadest sense of the words. As a result, every effort can be made to satisfy your international clients.
But Purple Tomato’s services do not stop at that point. After we have mapped your production facility and have charted your facility’s strong and weak points, we can help you even further. We will focus on your strengths and address the weaknesses at the core where necessary.
In this way several opportunities can be created to even expand your international clientele because you will be able to compete better.
But not to mention and after you have implemented our advices, we can also recommend and highlight your production facility in our existing network of international trading companies, so your company will come on top of their list to do business with.
We work cost-effectively by making a costly overseas trip unnecessary because we use all modern means of communication as much as possible in order to get a good picture of your factory abroad.
How We Work
This is how we work: Our roadmap
Phase 1 – Cleaning up factory, introducing 5S & improving factory layout
All our advice is based to a greater or lesser extent on the 5S method. This is because we believe that following this method makes a strong contribution to an optimally organized production facility. The 5S Method is a standardized process that when properly implemented creates and maintains an organized, safe, clean and efficient workplace. The 5S Principles are recognized in many industries as effective tools for improving workplace organization, reducing waste and increasing efficiency.
The 5S Diagram:
- Seiri / Sort: Separating of the essential from the nonessential items
- Seiton / Set in order: Organizing the essential materials where everything has its place
- Seiso / Shine: Cleaning the work area
- Seiketsu / Standardize: Establishing a system to maintain and make 5S a habit
- Shitsuke / Sustain: Establishing a safe and sanitary work environment (Safety)
Phase 2: Re-organization of deployment / Hierarchy level.
An importing task of ours concerns the design of an efficient staffing degree to set up a desired collaboration and to work as 1 team. In this way, we examine in phase 2 how the organization is set up, identify which departments have which tasks, and how they can interact as optimally as possible.
Phase 3: Good manufacturing practices (GMP)
During phase 3 we will introduce some important principles such as lean manufacturing and good manufacturing practices, elements of which will also emerge in later phases.
The Essentials of GMP
There are multiple departments in a factory that are involved in high-quality production. Skilled personnel, well-maintained equipment, process control and risk management are critical to GMP. When evaluating vendors, factory evaluators should assess:
- Management commitment and continual improvement – GMP starts with good people. The Management should be committed to continuous improvements within the workplace, management team and staff.
- Risk management – The production facility should have systems and processes in place to evaluate and mitigate the potential risks associated with various tasks and jobs.
- Quality management systems – To make sure that production facilities have systems and processes in place for preproduction, production and postproduction quality control.
- Site and facilities management – The facilities and equipment should be well maintained, properly managed and safe for workers. Worker safety is one of the key doctrines of CSR.
- Product control – Production facilities should treat raw material and finished products to the same standards. Raw material, WIP, and finished goods inventory locations should be well documented and easily found. Raw material and finished products should be properly handled, in a clean environment, to avoid unnecessary stains or dirt.
Personnel training and competency – Personnel should be properly trained to accomplish the basic goals of their job, plus receive regular training to become faster and more efficient.
Phase 4: QA system build up
An important not to be forgotten part of a streamlined production process where customer satisfaction is also of paramount importance, is the Quality Assurance department. Special attention will be required on this by means of several methods that Purple T can apply depending on the relevant situation in the production facility
Phase 5: Operation & Manufacturing Cost set up
In addition to all awareness and application of appropriate production processes, the profitability of the production facility must not be forgotten. This is why special attention is paid to this in phase 5. For example, how can costs be kept under control? Several methods will be examined and applied in consultation with management.
Chapter 6: Training & Education
Ultimately, an essential part is whether the staff – the people on the work floor who deal with all processes on a daily basis – have mastered all the necessary skills. Hence Purple T organizes sufficient (web) seminars / presentations and interviews with (key) staff. In these sessions, a step back is made and considered whether everyone can and wants to perform their task in the right way and mindset.
Phase 7: ERP Software Implementation
Purple Tomato strongly believes in a good and solid software package to streamline all communication and processes. The advice in this regard and the rollout of the software over the organization therefore form an important part.
Phase 8: ISO 9001:2015
ISO 9001:2015 specifies requirements for a quality management system. The adoption of a quality management system is a strategic decision for an organization that can help to improve its overall performance and provide a sound basis for sustainable development initiatives. The potential benefits are widespread and include, among other things, the following:
- The ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Facilitating opportunities to enhance customer satisfaction;
- Addressing risks and opportunities associated with its context and objectives;
- The ability to demonstrate conformity to specified quality management system requirements.
Purple Tomato can offer help to put the organization on a higher level through these guidelines and thanks to extensive experience. Ultimately, the goal will be the official ISO Certification of the production facility.
Phase 9: Defining KPI & Sustaining the system
This very last phase should include the final marking of the advisory process. By this time, the production facility should be tidy, know efficient routing, have a well-trained organizational structure, know and apply the concepts of 5S, apply the right production process and QA to all output, work with an advanced but easy to use ERP software system, and should have official ISO certification. By setting the right KPIs, this level should be maintained and always improve itself. Purple Tomato offers as a service to monitor this once in a while and make adjustments where necessary.
Purple Tomato Pte. Ltd.
Address: 1 Upper Circular Road #02-01
Just e-mail us so we can reach out to you soon!